There are hundreds of banana breads published, what’s so special about this one?
Well everyone loves banana bread and this version is a low sugar version, you will only enjoy the natural sweetness of coconut cream, coconut oil, coconut flour, desiccated coconut and two bananas across the whole loaf. The coconut oil adds a good dose of healthy fats and the coconut flour provides fibre, which makes this bread all the more satisfying.
You could add some of your favourite sweetener to the recipe if you want to make it sweeter. But maybe try it without at first and see what you think. I think it tastes better once it’s cooled or the next day (rather than straight out of the oven), after the flavours have had time to develop.
Ingredients For The 'Banana Paleo Bread'
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons of coconut cream
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 Pinch of ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
Instructions to make the Paleo Banana Bread
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a food processor, add the eggs and mix for 30 seconds.
3. Add the sliced bananas and mix again.
4. Add the coconut oil and the coconut cream and mix until smooth.
5. Stir through the remaining dry ingredients until well combined.
6. Spoon the mixture into the tin loaf, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon.
7. Sprinkle the chia seeds over the top.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 – 45 minutes.
Nutritional Value For The Whole Banana Bread Recipe
(I used My Net Diary Pro app on my Iphone to easily calculate my calories by scanning my ingredients)
This was a guest post from Nina Hordila from Nina's Paleo Kitchen.
Get The BEST recipes for faster Fat Loss
The Metabolic Cooking is a fantastic, well organised meal plan that comes with more than 250 quick & easy fat torching recipes, structured guidelines, grocery lists, food logs and additional tips and tricks to drop off that stubborn fat and get into the best shape of your life. If you want better tasting recipes for your diet, made with spices and ingredients that will boost your metabolism and torch the fat, I really recommend grabbing a copy of “The Metabolic Cooking” created by my Canadian friends Dave Ruel and Karine Losier! Metabolic Cooking recipes have all been designed with high Metabolic Thermo Charge ingredients to boost your metabolism and burn more calories everyday.
The BEST meal plan for faster fat loss <-- Yummy recipes to melt bodyfat