6 Carb Counting Apps For Low-Carb Dieters !
It's that time of the year where everybody will put "try to lose weight" on their new year resolution list and try to look their best for the swimsuit season. This is when people start buying all sorts of exercise equipment, join health clubs, gyms, and start cutting calories. Me included!
If you are counting carbs to lose weight like I do (you might even be following a low-carb diet like Ketogenic Diet or the Atkins Diet), a quick and easy app to count your net carbs is your best friend! An app that could scan your food label and tell you instantly how many net carbs each one of your favorite food contains.
I've been following a low-carb diet for 6 months and as an engineer and a gadget freak, I had to find the perfect app to help me count my calories and my carbs. I simply wouldn't have been able to stick to my diet if I didn't have a simple tool to make the carb counting process fast and easy.
App #1 : Calorie Counter PRO by MyNetDiary
This is the app I use everyday and it is also the most popular calorie counter app simply because it allows me to scan my food and makes it super fast. It will track not only your calories but also all your macronutrients, carbohydrates, net carbs, fibers, sugar, fat, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
Calorie Counter Pro Features
- Biggest food database in the world - over 535,000 foods with the option to add your own.
- Target and budget Carb, fat, and protein with energy percentages
- Built-in barcode scanner
- The only app that searches as you type, making it even faster
- Works online or offline
- Up to 45 nutrients, including carbs, protein, all types of fat, sugars, fiber, sodium, cholesterol, and vitamins
- Multiple servings for most foods - grams, oz, cups
- Daily and Weekly Analysis - learn how you can improve and eat more healthfully
- Create recipes and save them
- Organizes and remembers your favorites and typical servings
- Detailed food labels and food score
- Tracks and plans your exercise
Records and charts weight and all body measurements
- Plans for your target date or desired weight loss rate
- Carb, fat, and protein budgets/targets, with energy percentages
Visit iTunes for more info on this carb counter app.
App #2 : Atkins Carb Tracker
This is a simple free app and it's probably the first that would come to your mind when it comes to carb counting. Its of the best feature of that app is that it comes with a low-carb restaurant tracker and can give you the carbs in a cheeseburger without the bun. It works well and it is quite simple to use but they will try to sell you all Atkins related products. You might be counting your carbohydrates to be on a moderate carb diet and it could get annoying.
Atkins Carb Tracker Features :
- Food Search : Get nutritional information on grocery items, restaurant meals, and Atkins recipes and products. Search by keyword or scan the UPC label.
- Progress : Keep up with your weight loss goals by tracking net carbs consumed each day based on your Atkins Phase, plus track your weight and how close you are to reaching your goal.
- Daily Plan : Follow the optional recommended daily meal plan or create your own custom low-carb plan for each day based on your Atkins Phase. Add Atkins products, your choice of over 1,600 low-carb recipes, or add foods on your own.
- Phases : Discover all the delicious foods acceptable in each Phase and create your daily plan based on your carb range.
- Dining Out : Find a restaurant with menu items in your selected carb range. Search for restaurants based on meal type, name and location.
Visit iTunes for more info on this carb counter app.
App #3 : Daily Carb Premium
This is another app that is simple to use, if you are tracking your carbs because of health problems, this one will allows you to track not only carbs but also glucose, medication, blood pressure and exercise.
Daily Carb Premium Features:
- Track your food, exercise and weight loss
- Set, monitor and monitor your carbs budget
- Huge default food database including restaurant, common foods and supermarket.
- Create your own custom foods and recipes
- Save your favorite foods
- Browse the food database
- Get a carbohydrate report at the end of the day
- Tips, messages and motivation from the Atkins team
- Create daily exercise logs
- Log your daily quantity of water intake
- Log your glucose and HbA1c logs
- Use insulin Calculator to calculate the recommend dosage of insulin injected.
- Analyze glucose level by chart.
- Log your blood Pressure and heart rate.
- Log your Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL and LDL.
- Log your medication intake.
Visit iTunes for more info on the Daily carb Premium.
App #4 : The Belly Fat Cure Sugar And Carb Counter
This sugar and carb counter app is owned by Oceanhouse media who is known to manage and keep their app up to date. This carb-counting app is based on the New York Times bestseller, "The Belly Fat Cure" by Jorge Cruise. The Carb Counter is only a tool of the "Belly Fat Cure Diet", it also comes with a book and a website but it still allows you to easily track carbs at each meal.
If the whole diet interests you, it will guide you to properly balanced meals with ideal proportions of sugar, carbohydrates and fiber. With a bonus dining-out section featuring menu items from the most popular restaurants.
- Track and report your daily food intake
- Enter each meal directly to your device
- Monitor your daily or weekly progress
- Find sugar and carb values in the food database
- Add your custom foods to the database
- Save food items as favorites for quicker entry
Visit iTunes for more info on the Belly Fat Cure Sugar And Carb Counter
App #5 : Carb Master - Daily Carbohydrate Tracker
I like the simplicity of this app and the fact that it is only 99 cents. It doesn't have the best graphics and it is not totally optimized for iPads but I don't really mind. The huge food database is what matters to me. This carb tracker is straight to the point and it gets the job done with precision and accuracy.
Carb Master Features
- Over 110,000 food items in the database including popular restaurant and brands
- Track your daily carbs and other nutrition on calendar view
- Set your daily goal and view diff on charts
- Email your carb logs as well as other nutrition
- Add and categorize your custom food
- Create your own recipes
- Add food as favorites
- Food search
- water tracking
- weight tracking
- glucose tracking for diabetics
- Supports US and SI units
Visit iTunes for more info on the Carb Master - Daily Carbohydrate Tracker
App #6 : Carbs Control
I'll finish with a free app based on Atkins nutritional approach. I like the fact that it is totally free and the design is appealing. It gets the job done but users reported a few bugs. This App works great with the Atkins Diet, South Beach Diet, the Zone Diet, Protein Power Lifeplan, Go Lower Diet, and other low-carb plans. It’s also helpful for those trying to lose weight or maintain their current weight by cutting back extra carb calories.
Carbs Control Features
- Carbohydrate and other nutrition details for over 100,000 foods, 500 specific food brands, and 300 popular fast food and casual dining restaurants
- Internet connection not needed for using the app
- Set carb goals on a per meal basis
- Supports US and SI (metric) units
- Keep track of your current carb and net carb count meal by meal
- Adjust serving sizes to see the exact amount of carbs and net carbs in your meals
- Create a "favorites" list for the foods you regularly eat for quick entry.
- Create pre-set entry categories like "100 calorie snack" or "morning coffee with creamer"
- Daily carb reports
- Creates an automatic food journal
- Email your log information that can be opened by any spreadsheet program.
- With multi-device sync add-on, you can share data among multiple devices and view your data online at www.carbscontrol.com. In addition, with this add-on, you can also backup and restore data to a new phone or tablet.
Visit iTunes for more info on the CarbsControl - Carb Counter, Carbs Tracker, Nutrition tracker for Diabetes and Low Carb Diets
Get The BEST recipes for faster Fat Loss
The Metabolic Cooking is a fantastic, well organised meal plan that comes with more than 250 quick & easy fat torching recipes, structured guidelines, grocery lists, food logs and additional tips and tricks to drop off that stubborn fat and get into the best shape of your life. If you want better tasting recipes for your diet, made with spices and ingredients that will boost your metabolism and torch the fat, I really recommend grabbing a copy of “The Metabolic Cooking” created by my Canadian friends Dave Ruel and Karine Losier! Metabolic Cooking recipes have all been designed with high Metabolic Thermo Charge ingredients to boost your metabolism and burn more calories everyday.
The BEST meal plan for faster fat loss <-- Yummy recipes to melt bodyfat