Chicken And Spinach Tortilla Pizza
This recipe is delicious, really fast (about 10 minutes), only 330 calories very high in protein and low fat. When you don't feel like cooking and just crave junk this can save you from the sin 😉
As you all know, my favorite meal plan right now is the Metabolic Cooking which will allow you to eat carbohydrates at specific times on the day in order to boost your metabolism, so I got this tortilla pizza for lunch. It is also recommended to use spices to make your food tastier. I got inspired by all their tasty fat burning recipes to make this one !
Ingredients for one tortilla pizza :
- 1 Whole Wheat Tortilla (I like the olive oil ones as they're healthier, take the 110 calorie ones)
- 1 small Chicken Breast
- 1 tbs of Pizza Sauce
- ¼ cup of Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 tbs chopped Red Onion
- 1 tbs of sliced Marinated Artichokes
Directions (5 minutes prep, 5 minutes cooking) :
0. Pre-heat the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Place your whole wheat tortilla on the Pizza Pan and spread pizza sauce all over it;
3. Add some pre-cooked chicken breast cubes (I cooked mine in Extra Virgin Coconut Oil sooo yummy and cubes cook faster);
4. Slice the marinated artichokes and the red onion and spread over the pizza;
5. Finely chop the spinach, mix it with the mozzarella cheese and add on the pizza;
6. Sprinkle fresh herbs over (I used thyme and savory but basil would be good also);
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbling (no sooner!) and the edges of the tortilla are lightly browned. Slice and serve.
Customize your tortilla pizza :
You could mix and match any ingredients, here are some healthy suggestions that you can mix and match to your liking (not all of them at the same time 😉 ) :
I tried this recipe with many variations and they're all delicious!
Proteins : You can use any poultry, shrimps, lean ground beef, ground pork or even tofu.
Sauce : Basil Pesto (amazing with shrimps!), pizza sauce, arugula pesto
Toppings : Caramelized onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, capers, spinach, jalapeno, broccoli, Artichoke Hearts...
Cheese : Feta, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Cheddar, Monterrey Jack, Goat Cheese...
Spices : Basil, Thyme, Savory, Cayenne Pepper, Cilantro...
- Calories : 330
- Fat : 8g
- Carbs : 24g
- Protein : 41g
- Fiber : 3g
- Sugars : 2g
- Calcium : 23%
Get The BEST recipes for faster Fat Loss
The Metabolic Cooking is a fantastic, well organised meal plan that comes with more than 250 quick & easy fat torching recipes, structured guidelines, grocery lists, food logs and additional tips and tricks to drop off that stubborn fat and get into the best shape of your life. If you want better tasting recipes for your diet, made with spices and ingredients that will boost your metabolism and torch the fat, I really recommend grabbing a copy of “The Metabolic Cooking” created by my Canadian friends Dave Ruel and Karine Losier! Metabolic Cooking recipes have all been designed with high Metabolic Thermo Charge ingredients to boost your metabolism and burn more calories everyday.
The BEST meal plan for faster fat loss <-- Yummy recipes to melt bodyfat