I recently got myself the Metabolic Cooking System (around the month of march), and I REALLY like this system a lot! I already lost 15 pounds since April. So I decided to share one of my favorite delicious fat loss recipes with you. The Ginger Beef! YUM! My boyfriend LOVES when I cook this. :)
So this is what it looks like in the book. You get the calories, amount of protein, fat and carbs. At the top right of the recipe, you have the basic macro-nutrients composing the recipe. In the Ginger Beef, you see a P and F at the top of the sheet, that stands of Protein and Fat since they're the main macro-nutrient. You all know I like the Ketogenic Diet and the Paleo Diet since I lose fat faster with low carbohydrates, high fat and protein. If you're curious about how their Nutri-Profile works, just see it here : What is the Nutri-Profile.
• 2 sirloin steaks (4oz each), cut in strips
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 small onion, diced
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 2 small diced tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• Salt and pepper
Metabolic Cooking Ginger Beef Recipe
1. Place the oil in a large skillet and brown the steaks in it over medium-high heat.
2. When both sides are well-seared, add the onion, garlic, and tomatoes.
3. In a bowl, stir the ginger, salt and pepper into the vinegar and add that mixture to the skillet, stirring to combine.
4. Cover the skillet, turn the heat to low, and let the whole thing simmer until liquids evaporates completely.
5. Serve into a nice bowl and ENJOY!
Nutritional Value (Per Serving)
- Calories: 208
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fat: 8g