Bacon And Eggs : The Perfect Keto Breakfast
Bacon and scrambled eggs is my favorite breakfast by far! They're so easy to make, making it not only the perfect breakfast but also a perfect filler on a ketogenic diet menu when you're trying to reach your macros.
If you like bacon and eggs as much as I do, I have good news for you! According to a scientific study conducted by ETH Zurich, the vitamin B3 (known as niacin) contained in bacon could make you live longer.
The Perfect Keto Scrambed Eggs Recipe
The secret to light, fluffy scrambled eggs is to move them constantly so that they don't take on any color. If desired, you can also add in milk or heavy cream. This recipe is adapted from the "Martha Stewart's Cooking School" cookbook.
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of unsalted butter
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Use a fork to beat the eggs together.
- Melt the butter in medium nonstick skillet over low heat.
- Add egg mixture.
- Using a heatproof flexible spatula, gently pull eggs to the center of the pan and let the liquid parts run out under the perimeter. Cook, continually moving eggs with the spatula, just until eggs are set, 1 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper; serve hot.
Source : "Martha Stewart's Cooking School" cookbook.
Nutritional Value :
318 calories, 26.3 g of fat, 1.8 g of carbs, 17.4 g of protein.
The 3 Best Ways To Cook Bacon
Unless you are a vegetarian, it's hard to resist a perfectly crispy slice of bacon. Knowing how to cook those long marbled strips just the way we like them feels as second-nature as breathing at this point! But just in case it's not quite so instinctive to you, here are three great ways to cook bacon to perfection :
1. In a Skillet - We like using a cast-iron skillet, but absolutely any skillet will do. You also need a set of tongs to help grasp the hot slices and flip them. Set the skillet over medium or medium-low heat - bacon cooks best when you go low and slow.
When the pan is hot, lay down the bacon in a single layer and let the strips cook for a few minutes without moving. We don't normally oil the pan first since the bacon releases so much grease so quickly. Once they start to curl up, flip the slices over to the other side and cook until they're as crispy as you prefer. Lay the cooked pieces on a paper towel to drain while you cook the rest of the package. Pour off the bacon fat between batches so your slices aren't swimming in grease.
2. In the Oven - This is our favorite option for when we're cooking a lot of bacon at once, especially since it leaves the stove top free for other things. Just pre-heat the oven to 350° and lay the bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes and then lay the bacon on paper towels to drain and firm up.
3. In the Microwave - Bacon lovers will probably shudder to hear this, but yes, you can cook bacon in the microwave. It's a decent option if you're in a rush. Just line a microwave-safe plate with a few layers of paper towels, arrange the bacon in a single layer, and microwave on HIGH for 4-6 minutes until the bacon is as done as you like it.
How do you like to cook your bacon?
Source : The thekitchn.com
Nutritional Value for 2 slices of Lafleur bacon :
200 calories, 19 g of fat, 0 g carbs, 7 g of protein.
As some of you know, we are Canadian and Canadians are the ultimate bacon eaters :) Me and my boyfriend have it 1 or twice a day. If you have the chance to come across maple-wood bacon I really suggest you try that one! That one's our favorite. Other amazing variations are maple bacon, low sodium bacon and thick cut bacon. You can also make your own bacon.
Get The BEST recipes for faster Fat Loss
The Metabolic Cooking is a fantastic, well organised meal plan that comes with more than 250 quick & easy fat torching recipes, structured guidelines, grocery lists, food logs and additional tips and tricks to drop off that stubborn fat and get into the best shape of your life. If you want better tasting recipes for your diet, made with spices and ingredients that will boost your metabolism and torch the fat, I really recommend grabbing a copy of “The Metabolic Cooking” created by my Canadian friends Dave Ruel and Karine Losier! Metabolic Cooking recipes have all been designed with high Metabolic Thermo Charge ingredients to boost your metabolism and burn more calories everyday.
The BEST meal plan for faster fat loss <-- Yummy recipes to melt bodyfat