A Delicious Keto / Low Carb Salad To Have On The Go
I know a lot of people are always keeping an eye opened for a delicious meal to have for lunch, that fits their low carb diet and that requires a minimum preparation time. Well today I come to the rescue! This is one of my favorite salad as it has so many flavors and is so simple to prepare! It is loaded with healthy fats and proteins with a small amount of carbohydrates. This will keep you full and will avoid insulin level roller coasters, meaning that it will help you lose weight and save you from that usual energy crash a lot of people experience in the afternoon.
"Keto Cobb Salad" Recipe
This this recipe makes 2 portions of 370 calories. The whole recipe is 740 calories.
Ingredients for the dressing :
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- A little bit of garlic (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the Keto Cobb Salad :
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil cooking spray; (put your own oil in an oil sprayer)
- 100 grams of Ham
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 30 grams of blue cheese
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 cups of romaine lettuce coarsely chopped
- ½ avocado diced
- 2 slices of turkey bacon
Preparation for the Keto Cobb Salad :
2. Slice the ham in cubes and heat them in a non-stick skillet sprayed with olive oil for 3-5 minutes;
3. Slice the hard-boiled eggs;
4. Put the lettuce in the bottom of the bowl;
5. Put the halved cherry tomatoes, avocadoes, blue cheese, ham, eggs and turkey bacon in rows next to each other like shown in the picture;
6. Evenly spread the dressing over.
Nutritional Value Of This Low Carb Cobb Salad
Macro Nutrient Caloric Ratio : 67% fat, 8% carbs, 25% proteins.
You can reduce the amount of tomatoes if you are on a really low carb diet and want to reduce your carbohydrates even more.
For 1 portion :
- Calories : 370
- Fat : 27g
- Carbohydrates : 7g
- Proteins : 46g
For the whole recipe :
(I used "My Net Diary Pro" App to calculate my calories)
Want To Know More About The Ketogenic Diet ?
Get The BEST recipes for faster Fat Loss
The Metabolic Cooking is a fantastic, well organised meal plan that comes with more than 250 quick & easy fat torching recipes, structured guidelines, grocery lists, food logs and additional tips and tricks to drop off that stubborn fat and get into the best shape of your life. If you want better tasting recipes for your diet, made with spices and ingredients that will boost your metabolism and torch the fat, I really recommend grabbing a copy of “The Metabolic Cooking” created by my Canadian friends Dave Ruel and Karine Losier! Metabolic Cooking recipes have all been designed with high Metabolic Thermo Charge ingredients to boost your metabolism and burn more calories everyday.
The BEST meal plan for faster fat loss <-- Yummy recipes to melt bodyfat