15 Low Carb Fast Food Options
The key to success on any diet is to prepare in your food advance. But hey, it even happens to the best of us to have to stop by a fast food restaurant! We get into some crazy schedule, running between two appointments, staying late at work or being on the road and we have no time to cook. Don't panic yet! You can still stick to your low carb plan as I have some options to help you make the best choice for your situation.
Avoid processed food if you can
Ok so that's no a secret for anyone, processed food is bad for you. In fact, your body stores chemicals in fat and will only use it as its last option. My favorite thing to do if I don't feel like cooking is too grab a rotisserie chicken at any supermarket. They're usually around 5-10$ and some grocery stores even offer organic chicken. If you are on a really low carb diet like the Atkins Diet or following a Ketogenic Diet Menu, you can eat the chicken on a baby spinach salad with half an avocado and a low carb dressing (I like ranch, Peri Peri, Jamaican and even mayo). This way you can be totally out of guilt!
General Tips For Chosing Low Carb Fast Food
- Be careful with sauces and dressings! They can be full of sugar and it's where most of the carbs are sneakily hiding, ready to knock you out of Keto.
- Chose broiled, roasted or grilled chicken over battered or breaded. If they don't have the option, you can peel off the skin to take off some of the carbs.
- Pick a burger and ask for it to be wrapped in lettuce or take off the bun and eat it with a fork. This is one of the best options in most cases.
- A lot of fast food chains offer salads with some low carb dressing on the side. This is another really good option.
- Take a look at the nutritional value, I will link it for the 15 most popular foods chains bellow.
Best Low Carb Option For 15 Most Popular Fast Food Restaurants
Fast Food Restaurants Nutritional Information
Arby's Nutritional Information
Get The BEST recipes for faster Fat Loss
The Metabolic Cooking is a fantastic, well organised meal plan that comes with more than 250 quick & easy fat torching recipes, structured guidelines, grocery lists, food logs and additional tips and tricks to drop off that stubborn fat and get into the best shape of your life. If you want better tasting recipes for your diet, made with spices and ingredients that will boost your metabolism and torch the fat, I really recommend grabbing a copy of “The Metabolic Cooking” created by my Canadian friends Dave Ruel and Karine Losier! Metabolic Cooking recipes have all been designed with high Metabolic Thermo Charge ingredients to boost your metabolism and burn more calories everyday.
The BEST meal plan for faster fat loss <-- Yummy recipes to melt bodyfat