New Year's Resolution 2014 Full Body Workout
Holidays just ended and most of us slacked a little bit on the exercise and diet. But now we're into 2014 and it's time for a new body! How about looking the best ever in your bathing suit this summer?! Summer bodies are made in the winter, so lets get started right now! Some people like gym workouts better because there is less distraction and some other like a good kick-ass home workout, specially on cold winter days. I designed this well balanced full body circuit workout that could be done either at the gym or at home but intense enough for the body to burn these extra pounds packed during holidays!
What Is A Circuit Workout?
Circuit training is a workout meant to lean the body rather than build big muscles and is often used by bikini models. It is made of high intensity aerobics that will work on your strength and muscle endurance at the same time.
Why Should I Do Circuit Training?
There are many reasons to use circuit training including:
- Time - circuits shorten gym sessions and are time efficient.
- Lean up - training with circuits in a particular way has been shown to get folks ripped. Explained further below.
- Improves conditioning and muscular endurance.
- Works whole body - contrary to popular belief there is nothing wrong in doing full body sessions 2-4 times per week.
- Circuit training can be done outside the gym and without equipment.
What Equipment Do I need For This New Year's Resolution Workout?
- A yoga mat for your comfort
- A pair of dumbbells (if you wish to add weight)
- A barbell bar (you can use dumbbells instead if you don't have one)
Circuit Workout Guidelines
- Warm-up for 10 min. with cardio of your choice (running/spinning/jump rope/elliptical);
- Complete a full circuit before performing the next circuit;
- You should try to lift as heavy as you can while keeping the right form. Go for quality rather than quantity. You should be struggling for the last repetition for maximum results;
- Finish off with a cool-down and stretching session.
This workout is part of the February Fitness Challenge , take a look for more workouts.
New Year's Resolution Workout Breakdown
Circuit 1 (repeat 3 times)
a) 10-15 Pushups, no rest
b) 40 Mountain Climbers, 60 sec rest
Circuit 2 (repeat 3 times)
a) 50 Dumbbell Step Ups, no rest
(25 on each side, use a chair, a bench or a box)
b) 12 Plank Rows, no rest
c) 30 Jumping Lunges, 60 sec rest
Circuit 3 (repeat 3 times)
a) 20 Jump Squats, no rest
b) 12-15 Bent Over Barbell Rows, no rest
(use dumbbells if you don't have access to a barbell)
c) 20 Dumbbell Lunges, 60 sec rest
Circuit 4 (repeat 3 times)
a) 20 Goblet Squat, no rest
b) 20 Kneeling Jump Squat, no rest
c) 15-20 Bench Dips, 60 sec rest
(use a chair or the couch if you don't have access to a bench)
New Year's Resolution Fitness Challenge - Deluxe Edition
Hot Summer Bodies are Made in Winter!
The DELUXE EDITION of our New Year’s Resolution – 31-Day Fitness Challenge comes with all the workouts included in the challenge (in Printable Format), a Shredding & De-bloating whole-food Meal Plan, Daily/Weekly/Monthly Log sheets to set your goals and track your progress, a Body Stat Chart to measure your progress as well as some EXTRA Fitness and Diet Tips to help you reach amazing results during this 30-day challenge! Grab the **New Year’s Resolution Fitness Challenge – DELUXE EDITION** below :