Who said you couldn't mix meat and eggs? This recipe is amazing at anytime of the day and is ultra fast to prepare. It's like beef and basil are meant to be together and the spinach and tomatoes gives a clean fresh feel to this meal as the egg whites just absorb all the taste and fill you up for hours.
I'm always aiming for tasty, fast and easy low carbs recipes because I figured carbohydrates makes me hungrier than proteins. That's what works best for me to get in shape, lose weight and burn fat! The recipe will suit any diet program : the atkin diet, paleo diet, clean eating, ketogenic diet or gluten-free.
Ingredients for 2 portions
- Extra lean ground beef (1lb / 454 g)
- Egg whites (8)
- Baby Spinach (2 cups) - you can use regular spinach also
- Tomatoes (4 small ones or 2 Italian ones)
- Red peppers (½ cup)
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
If you're on a Ketogenic Diet you'll need higher fat. I suggest you keep the yolks, don't use extra lean meat, add olive oil or coconut oil the the recipe or add bacon to the recipe.
It should take about 5 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook :
1. Preheat a medium non-stick pan on medium to medium-high temperature (you can use olive oil spray to make sure it doesn't stick).
2. Add the beef to the hot skillet and break it into large pieces.
3. Break the meat into smaller pieces until it's fully cooked and put it in a bowl set it aside.
4. Scramble the egg whites until they're dry and put them over the meat.
5. Lightly sauté the tomatoes, spinach, red peppers and basil.
6. Place the vegetables over the meat and eggs and serve!
Nutritional value per serving :
This whole recipe is for 3 serving :
- 250 calories
- 50 g of protein
- 6 g of carbs
- 2 g of fat
Get The BEST recipes for faster Fat Loss
The Metabolic Cooking is a fantastic, well organised meal plan that comes with more than 250 quick & easy fat torching recipes, structured guidelines, grocery lists, food logs and additional tips and tricks to drop off that stubborn fat and get into the best shape of your life. If you want better tasting recipes for your diet, made with spices and ingredients that will boost your metabolism and torch the fat, I really recommend grabbing a copy of “The Metabolic Cooking” created by my Canadian friends Dave Ruel and Karine Losier! Metabolic Cooking recipes have all been designed with high Metabolic Thermo Charge ingredients to boost your metabolism and burn more calories everyday.
The BEST meal plan for faster fat loss <-- Yummy recipes to melt bodyfat