Top 5 Exercises For Bikini Abs
This is one of the best workout routines for bikini abs. Each one of these abs exercise is designed for a specific area of your core in order to work your upper-abs, lower-abs and obliques. Just remember that your abs stand in your kitchen, so make sure you lose weight in your stomach first by following a diet program in order to get your abs showing!
Also, make sure you grab your free printable workout logs to track your progress!
Printable Version, save it on your phone and bring it to the gym!
(3 x 12 on each side)
This exercise will focus on your obliques.
1. Spot a high pulley cable machine at your gym and install the rope attachment to it (you can also use the v-bar if you can't find a rope);
2. Adjust the weight on the machine for your strength, you should be able to perform 15 reps feeling a little burn (you don't want it too easy neither 😉 );
3. I suggest you put a mattress in front of the machine for your comfort;
4. Now grab the rope with both hands and kneel down facing the machine, your hands should be close to your ears, the rope on top of your head and your back at a 45 degree angle;
5. Now use your abs and only your abs to pull down until one of your elbow touches your knee, your back should stay straight, your arms shouldn't move and your hips neither;
6. Get back up letting the cable pull you up;
(3 x 15 reps)
This will focus on your lower abs;
1. Start on a vertical position, hold the gripping handles as your forearms are resting on the pads. Your back should be flat on the pad and your arms at a 90° angle;
2. As you exhale, lift your legs off the support and bring your knees up until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Focus on using your abs (don't use momentum or swing) and keep your back relaxed on the pad;
3. Hold the contraction for 1 second and slowly get your legs down to the starting position as you breathe in;
(3x 8-12 reps)
This one focus more on the lower abs. Try to do 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps.
1. Put yourself in a push-up position (hands on the floor, arms straight, legs extended) with your lower shins on an exercise ball;
2. Keeping your back straight, bring your knees under your chest as you're squeezing your abs and the ball is rolling to your ankles (don't move your upper-body);
3. Hold the position for a second;
4. Slowly get back to your starting position by extending your legs;
(3 x 8-12)
This will work your hip flexors, if you're a beginner you can start with the bench on a flat position with no weights to make sure to hold the correct form and not to hurt your spine.
1. Sit on a declined bench and position your feet behind the padded bars;
2. Hold a weight on your chest and, keeping your back as straight as possible, lower your torso until your back touches the bench;
3. Keeping your abs contracted, lift your torso backup until it's upright;
(2x - As many reps as you can!)
This one is an advanced version of the bicycle. It's extremely effective work your core muscles to give you that toned and sexy middle section! Keep this one as a bonus at the end of your abs workout and do as many reps as you can.
1. Lay on the bosu ball, find your balance by positioning the center of the bubble between your lower and middle back;
2. Position your hands behind your head with your elbows pointing outward;
3. Raise your legs off the ground and slowly bring one of your elbows to the opposite knee as you keep the other leg straight;
4. Pause for half a second and switch legs and elbow;
5. Repeat until you can't take it anymore, take a break for one minute and do it again!
This workout is part of the New Year's Resolution Fitness Challenge
Get The BEST recipes for faster Fat Loss
The Metabolic Cooking is a fantastic, well organised meal plan that comes with more than 250 quick & easy fat torching recipes, structured guidelines, grocery lists, food logs and additional tips and tricks to drop off that stubborn fat and get into the best shape of your life. If you want better tasting recipes for your diet, made with spices and ingredients that will boost your metabolism and torch the fat, I really recommend grabbing a copy of “The Metabolic Cooking” created by my Canadian friends Dave Ruel and Karine Losier! Metabolic Cooking recipes have all been designed with high Metabolic Thermo Charge ingredients to boost your metabolism and burn more calories everyday.
The BEST meal plan for faster fat loss <-- Yummy recipes to melt bodyfat