What Should You Eat Before A Workout?
As if it is not a task to get out of bed early morning to hit the gym, thinking up of breakfast ideas to power you up is an additional chore. While it is no longer a secret that breakfast fuels your entire day's activity, going without it could cause some extremely unpleasant side-effects. The important rule to remember is that for your day to start off right it is highly critical that the most important meal of the day, which is your breakfast, should be of the right blend of proteins and carbohydrates.
This combination becomes even more crucial if you work out in the mornings. By consuming a well-balanced breakfast in small portions will not only spur long lasting energy levels but you will also feel quickly boosted just in time for your morning workout. It is important to eat at least two hours before an exercise regimen, but stay away from breakfast food items that are particularly high in fat, because these foods take a long time to digest and keeps your body from functioning at its optimum level. Here are some excellent ideas that can help your morning workout to be even more effective.
- A low fat Greek yoghurt smoothie. Blend in 5 ounces of Greek yoghurt, 1 cup of raspberries, half a cup of non-fat or skimmed milk and half a cup of ice cubes. Yoghurt is an excellent food that can help you in losing weight while at the same time supplying your body with prebiotics, probiotics and calcitriol. These components are important for maintaining a healthy flora in the gut.
- Raspberries also offer a fibre boost as one cup supply offers a large amount of fibre, almost 8 grams while supplying merely 55 calories. Other alternatives could include blueberries, strawberries or blackberries which are also high in fibre. To add to the health boosting benefits of your smoothie you could also blend in kale and chia seeds in it.
- Quick and easy protein shakes. Blend in half a cup of strawberries, half a banana, one scoop of whey protein powder and 1 cup of unsweetened almond or light coconut milk. Most whey protein powders contain around 100 to 150 calories per scoop with at least 15 g of protein in it. Whey protein also offers an immune boosting advantage, which is also an antioxidant known as glutathione. In addition, the banana adds in to the flavour while packing in potassium to balance electrolytes in your body.
- Crunchy snack. If you are in a hurry and do not have the time or the necessary ingredients to prepare a protein shake or a blend, have an Apple along with half a handful of pistachios with one slice of low-fat string cheese. Having this snack can help you to get some nutrients in your body without slowing you down. As a rich source of polyphenol antioxidants, having an Apple before a workout can also help in promoting fat loss, building muscle strength and kicking into endurance. Additionally, Apples also contain fibre which slows down the assimilation of sugar in the blood. On the other hand, pistachios contain protein and fibre and also aids in providing a long lasting form of energy.
- Protein and complex carbohydrate snack. Yet another easy breakfast made with one slice of low-fat cheese with a portion of whole wheat pita bread and an orange can help you stay energised throughout your exercise schedule. The cheese provides protein and calcium while the whole wheat pita bread contains complex carbohydrates that digest slowly. Adding an orange can help in rounding the meal and aiding in weight loss as foods that are high in vitamins C help in minimising insulin levels and metabolising the levels of fat faster while helping to burn calories easily.
Image courtesy of stockimages / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Get The BEST recipes for faster Fat Loss
The Metabolic Cooking is a fantastic, well organised meal plan that comes with more than 250 quick & easy fat torching recipes, structured guidelines, grocery lists, food logs and additional tips and tricks to drop off that stubborn fat and get into the best shape of your life. If you want better tasting recipes for your diet, made with spices and ingredients that will boost your metabolism and torch the fat, I really recommend grabbing a copy of “The Metabolic Cooking” created by my Canadian friends Dave Ruel and Karine Losier! Metabolic Cooking recipes have all been designed with high Metabolic Thermo Charge ingredients to boost your metabolism and burn more calories everyday.
The BEST meal plan for faster fat loss <-- Yummy recipes to melt bodyfat